Bridgend 36-38 Bargoed


Bridgend Ravens ended their pre-season preparations with a narrow defeat to fellow Premiership side Bargoed at the Morganstone Brewery Field.

A controlled first half from the Ravens saw them build a 19 point lead, thanks to three first half tries.

Aaron Grabham raced over from halfway for the opener with an interception. As the 15 minute mark arrived, Stuart Floyd Ellis added Bridgend’s second following some quality footballing skills from the centre.

The Ravens forced Bargoed into errors as the half went on thanks to their bullish defence, with Gareth Harvey leading the home sides efforts.

Bridgend added a third try with five minutes left in the first half. Again Aaron Grabham showed his pace out wide. This time the flyer found fullback Tyler Williams who dived over.

An almost faultless first half was blighted as Bargoed struck right on the stroke of halftime. The visitors took a lot of heart from the score, carrying on their scoring quickly after the break.

HT Bridgend Ravens 19-7 Bargoed RFC

Bargoed dominated the opening 20 minutes of the second half, adding buy klonopin online india three converted tries, not only clawing back the first half  deficit, but opening a nine point lead.

Bridgend Captain Nathan Edwards crashed over for a try as the Ravens worked hard to get back into the game. However, indiscipline from the hosts handed Bargoed great field position and their powerful maul made good ground leading the the visitors fifth try of the afternoon.

Again, Bridgend fought back late in the match. Scrum half Dan James sniped over after the Ravens built a solid maul drive of their own.

As the 80th minute arrived, Bargoed lost a man to the bin and Bridgend took advantage. Geraint Roberts slid over following a sweeping backs move off the top of a lineout. Ryan Evans’ touchline conversion would have secured a draw, however the fly halves effort fell short.

Despite outscoring the Visitors 6 tries to 5, second half indiscipline coupled with inaccuracy from the tee cost Bridgend a final pre-season victory as Bargoed took full advantage early in the second half.