The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (2011) requires website operators to provide information about the cookies that it uses on its website(s) and in some instances to obtain the consent of website users to the use of those cookies.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that a website places on the hard disk of a website user’s computer. The cookie file contains a small amount of information set by the web page server. Cookies are used for a variety of purposes such as remembering settings that personalise your web browsing experience. For example, you may want a website to remember your location so that you get a local weather forecast whenever you browse that website. Or you might want a website to remember you so that you don’t have to log in every time you visit it. This functionality is achieved by the website placing a cookie on your computer containing some data that the website recognises as your settings or preferences when your computer visits it.
Cookies are not computer programs, they cannot be used to disseminate viruses they cannot be executed as code and they have no intelligence – they are simply small pieces of text containing information which allows the web site to identify a user's computer.
WHY ARE COOKIES USED?
Cookies essentially fulfil four main purposes. It is possible for a single cookie to fulfil more than one purpose. These purposes are:
1. Those that are necessary to provide a service requested by the user (e.g. a cookie that is set to enable a shopping basket to be compiled in a web shop), these are known as ’Strictly Necessary Cookies’;
2. Those which are designed to improve how a website works by collecting anonymous data about topics like how visitors use a website (e.g. which pages visitors go to most often), these are known as ’Performance Cookies’;
3. Those that remember the choices you make when you visit a webpage such as language, name, location, and font size to enhance website functionality, these are known as ’Functionality Cookies’;
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES BRIDGEND RAVENS RFC USE?
Examples of the cookies that Bridgend Ravens RFC uses on its website are shown in the table below. The precise cookies may vary from time to time.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
The cookies below allow bridgendravens.co.uk to function correctly. With each cookie is a description of its function and when it is set.
|ASP.NET_SessionId||This cookie is set when you first visit our website in your current browsing session. This cookie is unset when you close your browser.|
2. Functionality Cookies
We use functionality cookies to remember any preferences you have made during your visit to bedwasrfc.co.uk.
|BridgendCookie||This cookie is set when you close the cookie dialog and stops it showing again. It lasts for 7 days.|
3. Performance Cookies
Performance cookies help us understand how visitors use bridgendravens.co.uk, allowing us to improve the website in terms of appearance and content.
|Google Analytics||This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate use of those services and compile a report for us. Click here to learn more and manage the cookies set by Google Analytics.|
MANAGING COOKIES THROUGH YOUR BROWSER
The majority of web browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari etc.) will allow you to manage the cookies you accept via your browser settings.
Depending on your browser, further information can be obtained via the following links:
- Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Google Chrome - http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari – http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
- Opera - http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Mobile phone users may have to refer to their handset manual for details on how to manage cookies using their mobile browser.
Bridgend Ravens RFC
Riverside Hardware Brewery Field
Tel: 01656 838281 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 01656 838281 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting